Annual Golf Tournament 2017
... is now history with a few photos above capturing the essence.
Here is Chairman Mike Feriencek's summary:
"Just a note on the results of the golf tournament.
We took in $15,463. Our expenses amounted to $9111. So our proceeds ended up to be $6352.00 from the event. (Later news: We auctioned off (on-line) two late arriving items this past weekend. We raised an additional $350!! And the winning team donated their winnings ($120.00) back to the football team, reducing the expense noted above by that amount.)
So, you might ask - how does that compare with previous year's? Here is what data I have available to me:
- 2013 - 90 golfers - Jim Bloom did the final numbers - so I don't have them
- 2014 - 98 golfers, 31 dinner guests - $8182 proceeds to the Foundation
- 2015 - 84 golfers, 32 dinner guests - $6781 proceeds to the Foundation
- 2016 - 89 golfers, 22 dinner guests - $7061 proceeds to the Foundation
- 2017 - 73 golfers, 14 dinner guests - $6351 proceeds to the Foundation
The feedback from the golfers was overwhelmingly to hold it again at Crystal Lake GC; I will move forward with establishing a date with Crystal Lake GC for next year."
We'll post the details on the 2018 tournament as they become available.
Information is available from:
Mike Feriancek (’71)
The Mission of the Friends of South High Foundation: provide financial assistance and support for programs at South High School that directly enhance the students’ overall high school experience by enriching their academic, cultural and extracurricular experience; and to support and enhance their ability to further their education.