Welcome!The South High Foundation stands above its peers as an organization with not only drive and vision but the power and foresight to accomplish its goals. With over 12,000 registered members, the organization focuses on development, working on improving operations, and increasing interaction with the community. The Foundation has grown significantly as alumni, staff, parents and community members work through and with the Foundation to provide funding and support for South High School programs and projects. On average over $100,000 in grants is awarded each year in scholarships, and over $60,000 a year in grants to staff and the community. We are Proud! AND WE ARE SOUTH.
October 14, 2015 - All Alumni Lunch - Knights of Columbus Hall, Bloomintgon, MN.
If you have not already made your annual gift to the Foundation, you still have time. The Foundations fiscal year runs from July 1 through June 30. Use the DonateNow button to the right, or go to our Membership page for more information.
Grants to South High Programs (over $120,000 for the 2014-2015 academic year!)
- $8,600 in support for the Music Department and Jazz Band.
- $5,600 in support for the Boys Baseball Team.
- $2,500 toward additional equipment for the Girls Softball program.
- $11,000 for the purchase of new Apple Laptop Computers for Language Arts.
- $19,000 in support of the Theater Arts Program, including production of “The Wiz.”
- $12,400 for Visual Arts supplies and materials, including a new “Pug” mill.
- $5,600 to support student attendance at Eagle Bluff Environment Center.
- $5,050 to support attendance at the State Student Council Convention.
- $12,000 to support the annual cultural trip to Peru.
- $4,000 to provide Advanced Placement Academic testing for students.
- $500 for Economics simulation games.
- $10,000 to support Project Success.
- $3,600 to support attendance at the YMCA Youth in Government Conference.
- $700 to the Counseling Department in sponsorship of Scholarship Night.
- $4,600 to purchase equipment for Career Education.
- $1,600 for Varsity Choir programs.
- $1,500 for Anti-Truancy Campaign.
- $2,000 for Auditorium Upgrades.
- 2013 Annual Report
- Holiday 2013 Newsletter
- Fall 2013 Newsletter
- Spring 2013 Newsletter
- Holiday 2012 Newsletter
- Fall 2012 Newsletter
- 2012 Annual Report
January - April, 2015
CLASS YEAR NAME DATE OF DEATH LOCATION Euyon Hua 6/6/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1940 Clarence Swanson 4/19/2015 Edina, MN 1948 Richard Fredbo 4/15/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1939 Lillian (Brethorst) Brustad 4/1/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1967 Gerald Czupryna 3/20/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1943 Lorraine (Lind) Holm 3/19/2015 Plymouth, MN 1950 Delores (Church) Walker 3/10/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1954 Suzanne (Roe) Larson 3/7/2015 Myrtle Beach, SC 1947 Mary (Wagner) Doty 3/6/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1953 James Norman 3/6/2015 Apple Valley, MN 1942 John Friskey 2/15/2015 Plymouth, MN 1939 Elizabeth (Johnson) Olson 2/13/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1948 Donna (Ekberg) Pierce 2/12/2015 San Diego, CA 1913 Elizabeth (Suhring) Webster 2/8/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1990 Gregory Joelson 2/1/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1959 Lyle Sommers 1/31/2015 Lake City, MN 1951 Ardith (Robertson) Hendreckson 1/30/2015 Richfield, MN 1936 Jacob Mohr 1/30/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1953 Jeanette (Broderson) Dabrowski 1/29/2015 Longville, MN 1945 George Doberstein 1/19/2015 Bloomington, MN 1952 Warren Ronsen 1/15/2015 Minneapolis, MN 1947 James Isaacson 1/4/2015 Brooklyn Park, MN
To locate other names, visit our memorial list.