For alumni, the deaths are grouped by "Class of" decade (1940s, 1950s, etc.) each on a separate webpage. Within each decade we show the deaths by by class year, and within the year we list people in alphabetical order most often by last name (but occasionally by maiden name).
For staff, we list the people in alphabetical order.
You can use the following search box to see whether we have a record for a specific individual. The more specific your entry, the better the chance of finding the sought after entry. For example,
- entering simply "Finnberg" (without the quotes) will show you a list with just one webpage, the one containing information on the death of Faith Finnberg - the only Finnberg we have record of.
- entering "Charles Carlson" (without the quotes) will show you a list of several webpages containing either a Charles or a Carlson (whether it's a first name, a middle name, a maiden name, or a last name) and there are quite a few!
- entering "Charles Carlson" (with the quotes) will show you a list of webpages containing the exact name, Charles Carlson with no middle initial.
- entering "Charles F Carlson" (with the quotes) will show you a list of webpages containing the exact name, Charles F Carlson with the middle initial. Note that entering a period after the initial does not seem to affect this search.
- entering a date of death such as "2/3/2008" without the quotes will show you a list of webpages containing that specific date.
Note that the response to your search will likely have a few ads before the material from this website. That's the price we pay for using Google to do the search for us!
Once you are on the correct webpage, you can use the 'Find' function of your browser (usually available via Ctrl+F or via a menu item of some sort) to get to the specific name.
In addition, we have received notification of the following deaths, but do not know the class year. If you can supply the missing information, please let us know.
|Bernice Ahlquist||Bloomington, MN||10/19/2015|
|Mary T Allendorf||10/15/2015|
|Jacob S Baerg||10/25/2014|
|Roberta (Mann) Benson||10/27/2010|
|Dona Marie Baken||12/28/2012|
|Maxine D Berg||1/28/2016|
|Laurel (Thurston) Bessesen||9/20/2016|
|Ron Bragg||Minneapolis MN|
|Al Brekke||New Hope MN||12/20/2013|
|Robert E Burck||10/20/2010|
|Mark A Bussman||2/20/2000|
|Marion Francis (Harrer) Busterud||6/20/2017|
|Robert George Carlson||Minneapolis MN||7/18/2009|
|Ruth Chupka||Minneapolis MN||8/28/2011|
|Joseph Leo Connolly||7/2/2017|
|Margaret Dumont||Fort Myers FL||11/3/2007|
|Peter W Erickson|
|Marie (Hoffer) Flaherty||2/14/2008|
|Bob Gibson||Eden Prairie, MN||5/24/2016|
|Roger Gerald Goneau||6/19/2005|
|Gloria Brink Gooden||9/12/2008|
|John Bannatyne Hoag||1/1/1988|
|Veikko Armas Jarvi||9/15/1983|
|Donna Rose Jones||Minnetonka, MN||5/28/2017|
|John T Kosciolek||Burnsville, MN||3/25/2005|
|Joan (LaCroix) Lapensky||12/23/2014|
|John Leo Mesenbourg||5/29/2015|
|Donald R Miller|
|Louise Angela O'Reilly||3/31/2005|
|Faye Ellen Olausen||6/30/2015|
|Eddie A Olson|
|James O Parson||2/6/2011|
|Betty Ann (Bushnell) Petrich||Minneapolis, MN||10/12/2017|
|Amy Jeanne (Hoaglund) Ray||Taos, NM||1/10/2017|
|Nan Louise (Barkley) Ring||7/14/2009|
|Sally L Robson||3/6/2008|
|Bernice Rovick||Edina MN||4/4/2013|
|Alice Lillian (Longen) Saleck||4/19/2016|
|Roger Minoru Shimada||12/3/2017|
|William F Sieg||10/14/1994|
|Donald P Soderholm||Saint Paul MN||4/28/2009|
|Larry A Spartz||3/4/2003|
|Dorothy Renquist Walton Schilling||1/13/2015|
|Kathryn Helen Skramstad||11/23/2004|
|Catherine Anne Spencer||11/21/2015|
|Raymond Warren Sutter||3/27/2010|
|Donald Leroy Swedeen||12/9/2014|
|John E Thomson||Minneapolis MN||9/5/2012|
|Arleigh H Thorberg||2/21/1996|
|Helene Vivian Turnbull||Circle Pines MN||2/13/2016|
|Joyce Lucille Virum||10/23/2007|
|Phyllis A Wilda||8/2/2014|
The Mission of the Friends of South High Foundation: provide financial assistance and support for programs at South High School that directly enhance the students’ overall high school experience by enriching their academic, cultural and extracurricular experience; and to support and enhance their ability to further their education.